Coaching and Volunteer Info
Under CYC rules, all head coaches, assistant coaches, and volunteers must complete all the requirements of the Archdiocesan Safe Environment Program and have a coaching ID in order to be on the team's roster. Please see the info below for completing coaching requirements.
- Attend a Protecting God’s Children Workshop - This is required for any school related activity. You can register online here:
- Complete the code of ethical conduct form - When you register for Protecting God’s Children, you will be asked to read and electronically sign the Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Submit to background Check – Register on line in the Missouri Family Care Safety Registry and complete the attached Worker Registration form. In order to register you will need your social security number and a valid credit card. The online fee is $13.25. Once submitted, print off the form that verifies your registration.
To register online, go to www.health.mo.gov/safety/fcsr/
Once registered, you will also need to fill out a worker registration form.
You can drop off all forms at the parish office or scan and email to Kathy@stgerardmajellaparish.org. Kathy can be reached at 314-965-3985 ext. 10 with any questions.
If you are voluneering to be a coach a team grades 1 through 8, you will also need to complete these steps:
- Get a coach ID – You will get an ID once you complete the online "Coaching to Make a Positive Difference Class". The Class Can be found at this link:
- Coaching to Make a Positive Difference - All Coaches and Assistant Coaches must participate in the CYC's Coaching to Make a Positive Difference clinic. 1st Grade through 8th Grade coaches are required to attend, but this clinic is highly recommended for Kindergarten and Pre-K coaches as well.