Next weekend, May 7/8, we will begin the Annual Catholic Appeal (ACA) here at SGM. Please make your gift to the ACA by picking up your pledge card next weekend after Mass, make a gift online at aca.archstl.org or use Text-to-Give by texting “ACA” to 243725.
Be sure to check out the Archdiocese ACA Video.
Did you Know?—The following are just a few examples of how schools, parish schools of religion, and agencies of the archdiocese are helped by those who give to the Annual Catholic Appeal.
- 31% of all Appeal funds support Catholic Religious Education, supporting Catholic schools and Parish Schools of Religion across the archdiocese.
- Catholic Charities receives $ 1.5 million to help those in need in our archdiocese.
- Food pantries throughout St. Louis and the ten surrounding counties receive $50'000.
- The 10 archdiocesan, regional and parish high schools receive $ 1.41 million.
- Elementary schools receive direct support of $2 million to offset increases in teachers' salaries while keeping tuition affordable for more families. Another $75,000 is directed toward professional growth for teachers to improve the quality of our schools.
- Newman Centers on college campuses receive $267,000.
- Immigrant and Refugee Services welcomes people to our country and our faith, and is supported by $40,000 from the Appeal.
- Religious Formation receives $200,000 to help educate parish school of religion and school religion teachers.
- The parish Emergency Fund assists parishes struggling to meet their financial obligation in an emergency and receives direct assistance of $ 100,000.
- Priests, who have served the Church for decades, receive $418,000 in assistance and care through Regina Cleri Priests Retirement Home.
- The Rural Parish Clinic receives $ 125,000 for their ministry to provide medical care to the working, uninsured rural population in our archdiocese.
- The Office of Racial Harmony receives $65,000 to provide parishes a resource for developing relationships among all of the different ethnicities.
- Evangetization and Discipleship receives $425,000 to support parishes in their efforts to evangelize their neighborhoods.