- Our basketball program is for boys and girls of SGM parish, Grades 3 to 8.
- Home games are played at SGM. Other games will be played at parishes throughout the South Central district.
- Practices are held at SGM or at other gyms in the area.
- Regular season games usually begin the first weekend in January. Schedules are not available until mid-December.
- Your child may participate on basketball teams in other leagues. Please specify whether your child is in another league in your registration comments.
- Players may not play on other teams in our league, the CYC South Central County Basketball League.
- Each team may participate in one tournament during the season, or they may participate in a season-ending tournament.
- Depending on the number of children registering for basketball, each team will have 7 to 10 players assigned.
The SGM Majella Club provides uniforms for all players (basketball jersey and shorts). Extra basketball shorts are available for $15 per pair. The sizes are: Youth Small, Youth Medium, Youth Large, Adult Small, Adult Medium, Adult Large. There will be a charge of $50 if the jersey and shorts are not returned at the end of the season.
All parents and guardians are encouraged to volunteer in the basketball program as a coach or team business manager. If your team already has a coach selected, please ask the coach what you can do to help the team.
See the Volunteer Requirements Section if you are interested in being involved with this sport.